- Publisher: Create Space
- Available in: Paperback and Kindle
- ISBN: 978-1519176950
- Published: November 15, 2015
Re-Framing Your Hurts will help you understand why relationships are so messy and how re-framing the way you look at emotional pain can help you stop avoiding and fearing pain which causes destructive behavior.
I’ve noticed over and over again that most people, even Christians, want to try quick fixes because they don’t know what to do with the emotional pain of past unresolved hurts. I’ve also noticed what this lack of understanding does to relationships.
Join me as we look at some practical ways to wade through the difficult, messy results of avoiding feeling our hurts and pain. Understanding God’s perspective on pain and finding practical help to stop avoiding it will be worth the effort when relationships improve and flourish. We can find the path to joyful connections for which we all long.
Chapters in Re-Framing Your Hurts:
- Two Choices
- Basic Six Emotions That Cause Us Pain
- What About Deeper Hurts and Pains?
- Reasons We Avoid Pain
- What a Person Needs to Heal Emotional Pain
- Results of Choosing to Avoid Feeling Pain
- How Avoiding Pain Affects Young People
- Lies We Believe that Keep Us from Re-Framing Hurts
- We Can Find Our Value by What Causes Us Pain
- Benefits of Suffering Well
- Practicing Suffering Well
- Expressing Feelings in A Safe Way
- Taking Our Hurts to Jesus for Healing
- The Immanuel Lifestyle